Unexpected Guest: Win all 4 of our Core Range Gins June 2022 Terms and Conditions
Who is running the competition?
The Promoter is Unexpected Guest Distillery (ABN 20 635 321 309), 1 McClelland Street North Willoughby, NSW, 2068
When will the competition start and end?
The competition starts at Tuesday 7th June 2022, 7pm and ends at Thursday 30th June 2022 11:59pm NSW time.
Who can enter?
Only Australian residents aged 18 or over can enter.
Who can't enter?
Directors, officers, management and employees of:
(a)the Promoter; or
(b)the agencies or companies or participating outlets associated with this competition,
and their immediate families, can't enter.
Where will the competition run?
The competition will run on Facebook and Instagram. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and Instagram.
Do I need to buy anything to enter?
Yes, entrants will gain automatic entry when they buy any bottle of 500ml Unexpected Guest Gin through the website ONLY. In person purchases will not count.
You will receive automatic entry on the order/purchase you've made, NOT the amount of bottles you've purchased.
To enter a customer must make a purchase through the Unexpected Guest Website that includes one or more bottle/s of Unexpected Guest Gin during the competition time outlined above. The bottle must be of 500ml’s, this includes Gift Packs that include a 500ml bottle.
The Competition excludes people who purchase anything that doesn’t include a 500ml bottle of Unexpected Guest Gin.
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
The winner will be chosen at random.
What can I win?
Prize consists of 4 x 500ml bottles of Unexpected Guest Gin: Bobby’s London Dry Gin, Clementine’s American Gin, Young Tom’s Bathtub Gin and Disco Flamingo’s Pink Gin.
Total prize pool
The total prize pool is up to $229.80 + Postage.
How many times can I enter?
One purchase/order counts as 1 entry. The entry does not go off of the number of bottles you are buying but the amount of orders you make.
EG: If you make an order that includes 2 bottles you will get 1 entry into the competition.
If between the set dates of June you make one order on the 12th of June and another on the 20th you will receive 2 entries into the competition.
How and when will the winner be informed?
If you are the winner, you will be informed by the email that you purchased your order through. Winners will require a valid postal address in order for to receive the prize. No PO Boxes.
Must I keep anything to verify my entry?
If I win, when must I claim my prize?
You must claim your prize by 11:59pm July 10th 2022.
What if I don't claim my prize on time?
If the prize has not been accepted or claimed by Sunday July 10th 2022, or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can't contact the drawn winner (or the drawn winner does not contact the Promoter) by this time and date, the relevant entry will be discarded and the Promoter will re-award the prize. The new winner will be selected at Random on Monday June 11th 2022.
Any such winner will be informed by email from firstname.lastname@example.org if you receive an email that ISN’T from this email address, then the contact is false and you should NOT give out your details.
You will receive an email within 2 days of the winner being announced. Winners will require a valid email address in order to coordinate delivery of the prize.
These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
Your entry must be received during the Competition Period.
To enter you must make a purchase through the Unexpected Guest Website, your purchase MUST include a 500ml bottle of Unexpected Guest Gin.
- If you win, your prize will be 4 x 500ml Unexpected Guest Gins valued at $229.80.
- The prize is subject to any additional conditions of the prize supplier/s.
- If an event or activity included in the prize is abandoned, called off or postponed for any reason, you and your companions forfeit your entitlement to that prize element and you will not be given any cash or alternative as a substitute.
- If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions including if you are unable to take the prize on the dates specified by the Promoter, your entry (or at the Promoter's discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter's satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- You must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the the competition;
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
- breach any law; or
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
- The Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
- If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Enjoy alcohol responsibly. Consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol – see: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/file/publications/synopses/ds10-alcohol.pdf. See also the NSW Liquor Competition Guidelines and Intoxication Guidelines at http://www.olgr.nsw.gov.au/dlg_guidelines.asp. Your participation in this competition is subject to each Outlet’s liquor serving policy.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of the prize.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook or Instagram. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.
Collection and use of your personal information
- how you/your companions can seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about you/them and seek the correction of such information;
- how you can complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint; and
- whether your/your companions' personal information the Promoter holds will be provided to overseas companies, and if so, in which countries those companies are located.
'How many winners will there be?' - Just one, picked at random
'How many times can I enter?' - As many as you want. Please note: one purchase/order counts as one entry. Competition is counted by the amount of orders you make NOT the amount of bottles you bought in one order.
'How and when will the winner be informed?' - Via email on the 3rd of July.