It’s five o’clock on a Friday afternoon, we assume you’re 'Fred Flinstone-ing' your way out of the workplace; you’ve punched your time-card and slid down the dinosaur ready for the weekend.
If you aren’t going out and just staying in for a cosy Friday night, why not grab a few items from the store to make yourself a treat when you get home. Trust us, you’ve earned it.
Here’s what we're thinking; get yourself some Lemons: they are the yellow ones in the citrus section, we’re using the rind too so pick some good ones! Elderflower Cordial: You’ll want to splurge on this one, it tastes delicious and you’ll definitely keep drinking it with or without making this cocktail it’s so refreshing. Soda water: cheap out on this one all soda tastes the same, make sure you whack it in the fridge when you get home though, it needs to be cool. Edible Flowers: these aren’t essential but if you’re taking a photo for Instagram or want to impress people when they come around buy some. Gin: Ahh yes, you’ll be wanting some Clementine American Gin, the lavender botanicals in this gin really shine through with the elderflower.
This recipe is for a big batch (trust us we aren’t telling you to put a whole cup of gin in a single cocktail) this will be enough for 8 people.
- 250mls Clementines American Gin
- 85mls lemon juice
- 125mls elderflower cordial
- 750mls chilled soda water
- ice cubes
- lemon rind
- Edible flowers, to serve
- Lets make it nice and easy. Juice some lemons, add it to a jug with gin, elderflower cordial, soda water. Give it a nice slow, long stir, we don’t want to lose the fizz.
- Fill however many glasses you need with ice, pour the drinks.
- Dazzle the tops of the drinks with flowers.
- Oh then drink it, don’t let the ice melt.
Extra Step (If you want your cocktail to look like ours):
- Before you do anything to the lemon, wash it, grab a knife and curl the knife around the lemon to get that nice curly rind effect.
- Place this in the glass then fill the centre of the glass with ice so that the rind will stay in its place.
- Then proceed with the recipe.
- We know it’s a lot of effort but doesn’t the cocktail look nice!?