On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... a Gin Punch.
Hosting everyone for christmas? This icey, alcoholy, giny punch will have you coming back for seconds, thirds and fourths. With lots of sweet delicious watermelon, splash of tropical juice, gin, ice and champagne this drink will have your family boozed up and ready to not care about receiving gifts at all.
Looks like you’re heading to shops, here's what you need: Watermelon: A nice, big, plump watery one, mmmm watermelon. Tropical Juice: Don’t like tropical juice, switch it for some OJ. Champagne/Prosecco: It’s not a punch if it doesn't have any fizz, you can also sub this out for soda water or mineral water if you don’t want the drink to be too strong.Lime: this drink needs a little acidity. Ice: and lots of it! Gin: The Young Tom’s Bathtub Gin is the one for this drink, sweet hints of lemon myrtle help this cocktail a lot.
This is a big batch, you’ll be making a jug, i’d tell you how much it’d make but it depends how much watermelon and ice you put in and i’m leaving that up to you. You’ll need a blender though.
- Half a watermelon
- 1 cup of tropical or orange juice
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- Ice (lots of it)
- 2 Cups of Prosecco
- 4 parts Young Tom’s Bathtub Gin
- 1 ½ parts Bobby’s London Dry
- Kewi fruit for garnish
- Grab as much ice and watermelon as you’d like your cocktail to have, throw it into the blender.
- Add your Young Tom’s Bathtub Gin, lime juice and fruit juice. Now blend to a slushie consistency.
- Pour into a glasses.
- Top each glass with Prosecco.
- Garnish with Kiwi fruit, then drink.