A Lychee Punch has pops of red and green and is the perfect drink during the summer or even the festive season.
Here’s what you’ll need; get yourself some Lychees: we used fresh ones and boy were they fiddly to peel and chop and deseed but it's worth it, however i’ll turn a blind eye if you get them in a can, around 300g should do it. Strawberries: These are pretty cheap at the moment so get extra to eat while you’re cocktailing up a storm (you’ll need 500g of them). Soda water: We’ve realised we love bubbles in our cocktails so we’ve gone ahead and bought a soda stream, we’re not saying you should too but nothing beats fizzy water. You’ll want 1 bottle of soda. Mint: It’s not a summer cocktail if you haven't got yourself a bunch of mint. Ice: you’ll need lots of this so just buy a bag or start freezing up a storm. Ground Cinnamon, vanilla extract and a lemon: I’ve grouped them together hoping you’ll have these ones laying around at home if not when was the last time you baked a cake? Gin: we always leave the best till last, Bobby's London Dry is the one for me and now you.
If you’re doing a big jug (This will make enough for six people) follow this recipe and method… Just making yourself a cheeky glass pop down to the recipe notes.
- 125mL Bobby's London Dry
- 1 large bottle of Soda Water
- 300g fresh Lychees (around 200g if in a can)
- 500g of Strawberries
- Ice (lots of ice)
- 1 ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Half of a lemon juiced
- Pinch of salt
- Big handful of mint
- Ok grab your lychees, make sure they are peeled and seeded, unless you’ve bought a can, in which case you’ve cheated but saved yourself 15 minutes. Put this in a blender with lots of ice and make a lychee slushie (I know, believe it or not the recipe gets even better).
- Now grab your strawberries, cut them up, place them at the bottom of your jug with the cinnamon, vanilla, lemon juice and pinch of salt. Add your Bobby's London Dry and crush everything together so it's chucky and juicy.
- Add the lychee ice mix to the jug so it sits over the strawberry mixture.
- Now add more ice to the blender and put your mint in there too, give it a whirl so it's all crushed.
- Add the minty ice to the jug.
- Fill to the brim with soda. Give it a swirl with a spoon so the gin doesn’t linger at the bottom of the drink.
- And now drink (it’s good right?)
Notes (If you want just a glass to yourself):
- Cut every ingredient into thirds, that means…
- 100g of lychee, 150g of strawberries, 40mls of gin, ½ tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and lemon and salt to taste.
- Follow the recipe the same, just use less ice unless you’ve got yourself a big glass.
- And toast to whatever tickles your fancy.