We’ve got a banger of a drink today. Who would have thought it, jam meets gin meets champagne. It’s all very weird and bubbly and fun.
Grab your pocket money and lets hop to the shops: Lemon Juice: This ingredient is popping up a lot this year and it’s a staple in all cocktails so you might as well just always have lemons sitting around. Jam: We’re using raspberry jam but look if you want to be adventurous get blueberry maybe even a marmalade (if you’re a psychopath). Champagne: You can save your pennies and get prosecco, we don’t mind but today we’ve gone all out and gotten champagne (the cheapest champagne though). Gin: Young Tom’s Bathtub Gin it’s got those nice citrus notes that compliment this recipe.
Ok lets get to shaking, maybe a little baking, also exacerbating.
- 30ml Young Tom’s Bathtub Gin
- 15ml Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Raspberry Jam
- Champagne to top it off
- Combine the gin, lemon juice, jam and some ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake your hands off so it gets all nice and mixed.
- Strain into a champagne flute
- Add your champagne to bring the drink to the top.
- Add some garnish if you so desire.
- Sit back, relax and drink (drink responsibly too I might add).