On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... a Pomegranate and Green Apple Gin Fizz.
Getting back into the Christmas colours with this new cocktail. Fun pops of red from bits of juicy pomegranate, mixed with crunchy crisp green apple. All this comes together in an unexpected twist on a gin fizz. Forget everything you thought you knew about the Gin Fizz cause Unexpected Guest is mixing it up.
Starting in the fresh fruit isle: Pomegranates: You’ll have to youtube how to use one if you’ve never cut one open, but trust us it's worth it! It's fresh, sweet and great for instagram (honestly have you ever tried going viral on a social network without a pomegranate? It can’t be done). Green Apple: Who needs red delicious when you’ve got granny smith sitting right there? Pick some up, make sure they are nice and fresh so they are extra crisp when we put them in the cocktail. Soda Water: Like every good cocktail you’ve gotta use soda water. Lime: What’s a summer cocktail without limes? Sugar Syrup: we have great recipes for simple syrup made from home throughout our website but you can easily buy it from the shops too. Rosemary: Hey, your drink looks boring without garnish so why not use rosemary. Gin: Bobby's London Dry blends perfectly with any cocktail as all London Dry’s do, but ours has nice hints of vanilla that work great with this drink.
This is a summer cocktail so i hope you’ve also got ice ready to go at home! Now let's get stirring! This recipe is for 1 glass...
- ½ Pomegranate (Already cut and peeled and deseeded)
- ½ Green Apple (sliced)
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- 1 Part Sugar Syrup
- 1 Cup of soda water
- 1 ½ parts Bobby’s London Dry
- Rosemary for a fun garnish
- Grab a glass, scatter your glass with pomegranate seeds down along the bottom.
- Add your sliced green apple.
- In a cocktail shaker combine your Bobby’s London Dry, sugar syrup and grab those two limes and juice them in there too. Now shake it like a shake-weight.
- Place a hand full of ice in your glass, over the top of the pomegranate and the apple so it stays under the ice for aesthetic reasons.
- Pour your lime, syrup, gin concoction into your glass.
- Now add to the brim with soda water.
- Stir it and drink it, then you’ll probably want to make it again.