On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me... a Bee’s Knee’s
Get some bee nectar into you with this delicious cocktail that blends honey, lemon and young Tom’s Bathtub gin and a terrifically unexpected and sweet way. Its an easy recipe that can be whipped up in a flash to please your guests on a sunny afternoon.
Here’s what you need from the shops (if you can get in, cause Christmas is a nightmare): Honey: Manuka honey is what we use, if you’re making a cocktail with only three ingredients you might as well splurge. Lemons: these will be turned into juice, so just buy some juice if you like. Or stop being lazy and juice some fresh lemons. Water: to dilute the honey so it can mix properly. Ice: Cause this drink isn't much fun warm. Lemon Rind: I mean you have lemons anyway so you might as well. Gin: Young Tom’s Bathtub Gin has great hints of lemon myrtle that mix terrific with this drink.
This is just for a glass…
- ½ ounce honey
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce water
- 2 ounces Young Tom’s Bathtub Gin
- Lemon rind (for oils and garnish)
- Combine honey and water in a cocktail shaker with ice. Give it a shake so it mixes, a good shake that is.
- Before juicing your lemons, peel some rind off to give some zest to your drink.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with lemon juice and Young Tom's Bathtub Gin. Fasten that lid and shake until the mixture is cool.
- Strain the drink into a glass, preferably a fun glass. Twist the lemon rind over the cocktail to release some of its oils.
- Enjoy that bad boy.